In a little over a month we will be going on a great adventure! It is to a place that we shall call, ” THE UNKNOWN.” (But, some people might just call it camping)
Unfortunately, we aren’t going to be able to spend this year’s Thanksgiving with extended family. So, we are spending it the next best way, with some good friends. And these good friends go camping on Thanksgiving. We thought, what the heck..we will join in! Now, I need to paint a picture for you guys.
- I have never taken my girls camping. (My oldest went with her Aunt a couple of summers ago but they are avid campers, I am like a camping virgin.) 😉
- We own a tent that has only been opened in our living room for fun sleepovers, that’s it. (I wonder if we actually have the stakes, never needed them on the carpet.)
- 2 sleeping bags for 4 people. (Crap, better go to the sporting goods section of Target. Or is that a ridiculous place to go for camping gear? Should I go to Dicks instead? Is there a manly man’s store to go to for this stuff, so we look like we know what we are doing??) Ahhh!
- Peeing in the woods. (Oh, my 5 yr old is going to love this. She doesn’t even like to use the bathroom at the football field because she says it smells like old pee mixed with some nasty poop odor.)
- Bugs. (The great outdoors of course are filled with them. My girls freak out, literally, when we have a fly in the truck.)
This is either going to be the funniest Thanksgiving ever, or one that goes down as a horrible experience all around. I think I should video tape it all. I might be able to make some money off of this!
I used to be outside all the time growing up, so I am looking forward to this. I think it will be a great way to spend the holiday. My girls like the comforts of the indoors way too much. I think it’s my duty to take them outside and make them live a little. Gone with the cell phones, T.V’s, Nintendo’s, Wii’s and whatever else electronic devices they will try to sneak past me. It’s time to, “rough it” as they will probably call it. Or maybe they will look at it as torture. Either way, I am sure we will make plenty of memories and that to me, makes it totally worth it!