You knew I was talking about hair salons, right?
Guys just don’t understand what all is involved with finding the perfect hair salon. Some women can search many moons looking for a place that suits them best. There are some located on just about any corner. But, they are like guys, only about 1 in a 100 mile radius MIGHT be compatible with you.
Now, some women could care less about salons. They can do their own hair, and they are proud of it. I applaud you. I am severely challenged when it comes to coloring my own hair. It started out when I was a youngin and I wanted to be a summer blonde. I used about 5 bottles of sun-in on my hair. End result, I had less hair going to school that year. A few years later, I decided to try again with a little darker color. I ended up looking like a witch and my mom rushed me to the hair salon like it was an ER, to hang out there all day getting my hair stripped and put back to “semi-normal.” I have made a vow to resist even touching another bottle of hair color. We just don’t get along.
When I talk to most women, they are pretty much looking for the same thing in a salon. Then when you find a place, you stick to it like glue. You would travel over the river and through the woods to get back to your favorite hair stylist. When I moved to ATL, I would make the 2 hr trip back home to get my hair done by the lady I had gone to for 10 yrs. When I moved even further south to Tampa, I decided it would be a bit ridiculous to keep making the trip just for my hair. So, the agonizing search began.
Here is what I think is a typical check list for finding a perfect salon.
- Friendly staff– not the almighty front desk-ers that act like they are doing you a favor by showing up at work that day.
- Welcoming atmosphere– not walking into a place that is still trying to pull off an 80’s motif
- Good products– this goes without saying. Who wants crappy products used on their hair?
- Knowledgeable Stylist– being a guinea pig is not my idea of a favorable experience.
- Reasonable Prices– $250 for some highlights and a trim??? Are you crazy? That’s electric bill high!!!
After being in Tampa for almost 3 yrs, I have finally found my sacred place! This is after traveling to a salon that was 45 mins away to have a lady who didn’t speak English so well, turn me into a brass head. Then, having #5 happen to me at a place closer to my house. Also, trying out a place where the lady didn’t care in the least bit what I wanted. She had a vision, and I left getting my money back. Then, I stayed at one hair salon too long, only to leave with hair as dry as the desert and a color that royaly screwed up my hair. Finally, I found…
- Their salon is beautiful!!
- The staff is super friendly, and will have you laughing quite a bit while you are there.
- Their products are amazing for your hair.
- Massage chairs while you get your hair rinsed….umm, how awesome is that?
- Unlimited refills on the best coffee ever, KEURIG!
- Most importantly, they make sure you are a satisfied client when you leave.
You know that feeling when you walk out of a salon, you feel like you are on top of the world. The sun should be shining on you and someone should be standing there saying, “Ta-da, The new and improved lady has arrived.” Now, let’s go party or get dressed up, so I can show off my fabulous new hair. Well, that’s how I feel every time I walk out of there. So, they better not go anywhere, because I am sticking to that place like glue!!!
Thank you, Maher, Summia and Mj! You guys are the best!! 🙂